Cosmetic Dentist in Houston, TX serving Sugar Land, Katy and Surrounding Communities
For both Invisalign and braces, the goal is the same: to straighten the teeth for better function and appearance in order to create a beautiful and functional smile. While braces have been around for more than a century in some form, Invisalign treatment only began in 2000. Depending on your unique needs, you may benefit more from one option than the other, but many patients can make a decision based on their personal preference. Our experienced Houston dentist can help you make an informed choice to ensure you get the best results possible.
Traditional orthodontia with braces involves metal brackets that are glued to the teeth and tied together by wires and rubber bands. Today’s braces are made of modern materials that can be more closely matched to the color of your teeth to be less noticeable, or in bright colors to make a fun statement. Braces are still the best choice for certain alignment problems or for those who struggle to wear their aligners. Braces are the more economical choice as well.
For more and more patients, Invisalign is a more appealing option. Invisalign allows patients to care for their teeth as they always have, by brushing and flossing normally. Treatment with Invisalign is often shorter than treatment times for braces, and fewer office visits are needed. Invisalign is a more discrete option, and many people don’t even notice you are wearing your aligners.
The best way to determine which option is right for you is to schedule an appointment with our experienced Houston Invisalign dentists by calling BRSH Dental at (832) 779-2774 today.
A smile with problems is usually a smile that doesn't make an appearance. Crooked, dingy, and misaligned teeth can keep you from smiling and enjoying life the way you want to. Fortunately, there are many ways cosmetic dentists can fix minor dental problems that are mainly aesthetic in nature. If you have generally good dental health, you can have cosmetic dentistry procedures performed to straighten, whiten, and align your teeth into the smile you've always wanted.
Some of our most common cosmetic dentistry options include:
- Teeth whitening - If your teeth have become dingy or discolored over the years because of food, drink, or smoking, you can whiten them with in-office or at-home procedures to just the shade of white you want.
- Tooth straightening - BRSH Dental offers Invisalign, a low-visibility tooth-straightening procedure so you don't have to have metal braces.
- Dental implants - Replace broken, damaged, or missing teeth by anchoring a new tooth to your jaw bone for maximum stability.
- Porcelain veneers - Cover slightly crooked or misaligned teeth with a durable veneer affixed to your teeth. Veneers can also address discoloration that is too severe or deep for teeth whitening.
If you have two or more of these problems, never fear. The cosmetic dentists at BRSH Dental can craft an individualized smile makeover for you to address all of your smile needs in one program that will take less time to achieve than if you were to have each procedure done separately.
For more information about our cosmetic dentistry options or to schedule an appointment with our experienced cosmetic dentists, contact BRSH Dental at (832) 779-2774 today.
With the goal of raising awareness and educating the public on the causes and consequences of migraines and other chronic headache disorders, June is nationally recognized as Migraine Awareness Month.
What many chronic migraine sufferers don’t know is that a very common cause of migraines is actually related to the function of our jaw joint and the presence of temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ/TMD). We all use our temporomandibular joint to chew, swallow and yawn daily. In fact, it is one of the most used joints in our bodies, so the muscles that operate the joint must work continually. In some cases, TMJ/TMD and misalignments can lead to migraines when the muscles are overworked. In addition to migraines, some people suffer toothaches, earaches, or even shoulder pain.
At BRSH Dental, our TMJ treatments can help relieve migraine pain associated with TMJ/TMD by realigning the jaw so the muscles that operate the joint can relax fully, relieving pressure on the trigeminal nerve. Our approach to TMJ treatment is for long-term relief and is customized for each individual patient. We strive to help our patients move away from ineffective treatments dependent on prescription narcotics or otherwise potentially dangerous medications.
If you are seeking TMJ treatment for migraines in Houston or any of the nearby areas of Texas, please call Dr. Jean Morency Dental at (832) 779-2774 today to schedule an appointment.
Missing teeth are one of the most serious dental problems that residents of Houston face. The loss of a single tooth can lead to a host of dental and health problems that can have a negative impact on your overall health, as well as your self-image. Fortunately, with Houston implant dentistry, you don’t have to suffer through complications or embarrassment.
Why are Missing Teeth a Problem?
The problems with missing teeth don’t stop at appearances. Missing teeth can have a significant impact on not only your oral health, but your overall health as well. Here are some of the complications that can arise when a tooth is lost:
- Adjacent teeth may begin to drift out of place, causing a misaligned bite that can lead to other damage like wear, chips and cracks.
- When a tooth is lost, the jaw is left open to bone loss and infection.
- Over time, other teeth may be lost due to compromised jaw structure.
- Patients with missing teeth, particularly the elderly, may have serious problems eating properly, leading to malnutrition and dietary issues.
Each tooth has an important role to play in keeping your smile looking and functioning its best. Dental implants offer the best tooth replacement option available.
If you a Houston resident and you are missing a tooth and need to know more about how implant dentistry can help, contact BRSH Dental today at (832) 779-2774 for a personalized evaluation.
Typically when cosmetic dentistry procedures are purely aesthetic rather than structural or medically necessary, they may not be covered by dental insurance. When deciding to have this type of cosmetic dentistry work done, one of the concerns of many patients is how much the procedure will cost and how they will pay for it.
At BRSH Dental, we strive to help everyone achieve their dental goals and we want you to be comfortable in the cost for our cosmetic dentistry procedures. We prefer payment when services are rendered but we do offer financing options. Payment methods we accept include:
- Major credit cards
- CareCredit® (a healthcare credit card that allows for monthly payments)
These payment options can be used to cover the cost of cosmetic surgery procedures including:
- Tooth whitening (choose between professional-strength take-home kits or in-office treatments)
- Porcelain veneers (dental covers for teeth that are cracked, crooked, unevenly sized or shaped, or stained too badly for whitening procedures)
- Porcelain crowns (dental “caps” that protect the structure of damaged or weakened teeth)
- Invisalign® discreet braces (straighten your teeth and improve your smile without anyone knowing)
- Dental implants (permanently replace missing or damaged teeth)
Each cosmetic dentistry procedure is tailor-made for you, your dental health, and your dental needs, so the cost for your particular procedure will vary.
For more information on payment options we offer to cover the cost of Houston cosmetic dentistry services or to receive a full estimate on your chosen procedure, schedule an appointment by contacting BRSH Dental at (832) 779-2774 today.
It is estimated that chronic facial pain may affect up to 15 percent of Americans. For many people, that suffering is likely being caused by temporomandibular disorder, or TMJ/TMD. Without getting a professional diagnosis, it can be hard to determine the exact cause of your jaw or facial pain, but you should a neuromuscular dentist if you experience TMJ symptoms including:
- Tenderness or pain in the area of the jaw joint, the face, neck, and shoulders. Pain may also be felt in the ear when you speak, chew, or widely open your mouth.
- Trouble opening your mouth wide.
- Your jaw getting stuck in the open or closed position
- Sounds, like clicking or popping, when you move your jaw.
- Your face feeling tired.
- Trouble chewing.
- Facial swelling near your jaw bone.
- Toothache or headache.
- Hearing problem or ringing in the ear.
If you think you may be suffering from TMJ, it is important to seek diagnosis and treatment. TMJ is a progressive disorder and failing to administer treatment can cause your condition to worsen, leading to tooth, digestive, and postural problems, as well as migraines. The professionals at BRSH Dental have extensive experience diagnosing and successfully treating TMJ.
To schedule an appointment with an experienced TMJ dentist in Houston, call Dr. Jean Morency Dental at (832) 779-2774 today.
Periodontal disease begins when bacteria starts to grow in your mouth and can lead to tooth loss and other serious medical conditions. Gum diseases can be caused by factors like other illnesses, poor hygiene habits and smoking.
The best way to combat against gum disease is to schedule regular appointments with your dentist and to brush and floss regularly. However, if, despite our best efforts, you contract periodontal or some other severe gum disease, there are still ways to work with your dentist and combat the effects before it’s too late.
Depending on the severity of the disease, your dentist will work to promote reattachment of healthy gums to teeth; reduce swelling and to stop disease progression. Another way to curb the effects is to get rid of plaque and tartar to allow your gums a chance to heal.
If you live in the Houston area, and feel you have early stages of periodontal, gingivitis or any serious gum disease, contact BRSH Dental today at (832) 779-2774. We are here to answer questions about your specific case and get you back on the road to a clean gums and teeth and more reasons to smile.
For all too many Houston residents, there is that one nagging imperfection in one or more teeth that can keep them from feeling their best. If you find that you hide your smile or smile through closed lips because you’re self-conscious of those imperfections, it’s time to look into what porcelain veneers can do for you. You may think that cosmetic dentistry is only for the wealthy, but cosmetic dentistry can be surprisingly cost effective. You don’t need to spend a million dollars to get a million dollar smile!
The Economics of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers have a reputation for being an expensive choice when it comes to cosmetic dentistry restorations. However, they are one of the quickest, easiest, and most cost effective ways to get the beautiful brilliant smile you have always wanted.
While other less-expensive options are available to treat many common cosmetic dental problems, no other option is as versatile and effective at correcting such a wide range of issues. With porcelain veneers, it won’t take months or years with multiple treatments to get the straight, bright white teeth you desire. When you consider that porcelain veneers can last 10-20 years and can protect damaged teeth from further harm, the cost of porcelain veneers makes perfect economic sense.
At BRSH Dental, we are dedicated to helping every patient get the beautiful smile they deserve—one that instills confidence and self-assurance. We offer a range of financing options so you realize the smile of your dreams while staying within your monthly budget. We will work with you to develop a personalized plan to address all of your dental concerns in a budget you are comfortable with.
If you live in the Houston, Texas area, and would like to know more about porcelain veneers, please contact BRSH Dental today by calling (832) 779-2774 to set up your initial consultation with Dr. Tjoa or Dr. Morency.
Spring has sprung and you're getting your house and garden ready for summer. While you're in the process of sprucing up your surroundings, maybe now is the time to think about sprucing up your smile. Many people live with dingy or discolored teeth due to drinking tea, coffee, or wine, or from having smoked cigarettes. They avoid smiling because they're self-conscious about their teeth. Fortunately, there are many ways the dentists at BRSH Dental can help whiten your teeth in time for summer fun. We use the Zoom! in-office whitening system, which can be tailored to your specific requests and needs, but you can also use an at-home product.
- In-office whitening procedures are popular because they are done by a dentist who can control the whitening agent, are usually done in an hour or so, and you see the results faster. A whitening gel will be placed on your teeth and then activated by a high-intensity LED light; it may take up to three sessions to give you the best results.
- At-home products are popular because you can do them in the comfort and privacy of your own home, and they're less expensive. From gel-containing trays you put on your teeth to whitening “pens,” home procedures may take longer to see results.
Whichever route you take, the dentists at BRSH can help you decide on the shade of whiteness you want for your teeth and the best way to get there. If you're over 16, not pregnant or currently breastfeeding, and have healthy teeth and gums, you're a candidate for a tooth-whitening procedure. If you have gum disease or tooth decay, those problems should be addressed before any whitening is done.
For more information on tooth whitening or to schedule an appointment, contact the top Houston dentists at BRSH Dental at (832) 779-2774 today. We serve patients throughout Houston, Katy, and the Sugar Land area.
After your dental makeover at BRSH Dental, we hope your results are everything you wanted. Whether you had some porcelain veneers added to correct some aesthetic flaws or had an entire smile makeover, you're on your way to presenting to the world the smile and confidence you deserve. To ensure that your dental makeover stays as beautiful tomorrow as it is today, you must take care of your new smile.
- Your brushing routine: Continue to brush at least two minutes twice a day, but you should switch to a non-abrasive, fluoride toothpaste. Abrasive toothpastes can scratch the surfaces of your dental work, rendering them dull and susceptible to discoloration.
- Your flossing routine: If you haven't been flossing, now is the time to start. Flossing helps maintain good gum health, which is crucial to keeping your dental veneers beautiful.
- Your mouthwash: If you've had composite fillings as part of your dental makeover, you should switch to a non-alcoholic mouthwash, as the alcohol content can degrade the bond between the filling and your teeth.
- Your diet: Avoid food and drink that can stain your teeth, such as coffee, tea, soda, and tomato-based sauces. Limit the amount of sugary substances you consume, as well.
- Your behavior: Chewing your nails, using your teeth to open packages, nibbling on pens or pencils, and grinding your teeth are all habits that can wreak havoc on your teeth and your makeover.
Take a proactive approach and maintain your dental health on a daily basis so you can enjoy your dazzling new smile for years to come.
For more information on dental veneers or a smile makeover, or to schedule an appointment, contact BRSH Dental at (832) 779-2774 today. We serve patients throughout Houston, Katy, and the Sugar Land area.